HeartMath® Workshop-Online Live
I created Best Practices – Palm Beach to provide a warm, welcoming, interactive learning environment with opportunity for follow-up consultation.
Please Join Us for this Exciting Workshop! Learn how to engage the wisdom of the heart for self-care and to facilitate therapeutic goals with those we serve.
We hope you are staying well and regret that we are unable to learn in person during this time.
Please know that we are working hard to reposition our offerings as live webinars. STAY TUNED & STAY WELL!
Elizabeth S. Shulman, Ph.D., Founder
STRESS, RESILIENCY and HEART-BRAIN INTERACTION:
- An experiential workshop including HeartMath®
biofeedback technology and protocols -
Space is limited to allow for meaningful experiential learning. Register now!
WHEN: Workshop Schedule to be Announced Soon
WHERE: Online through Zoom
FOR WHOM: Psychologists, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Counselors
Other health care professionals
CE'S : *7 CE credits- please see below
TUITION: We are offering a sliding scale for this workshop.
Best Practices - Palm Beach is dedicated to serving you, as you serve others, during these challenging times.
During this introductory-level experiential workshop, we will present user-friendly, deceivingly simple
techniques and biofeedback devices to assist in learning to self-regulate emotional and mental states through regulating heart rate variability (HRV)--a measure of naturally occurring beat-to-beat changes in heart rate.
We will discuss heart-brain interaction and physiological coherence, and compare heart rate variability of individuals experiencing positive emotions with those experiencing anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress. Similarities and differences in treatment protocols for people experiencing each state will be presented.
We will focus on empirical support for clinical intervention focused on HRV, and for the application of biofeedback technology developed by HeartMath, and we will use the biofeedback instruments for observed practice and feedback. In addition, we will discuss and practice treatment protocols that do not require biofeedback technology, but also were developed by HeartMath to positively impact heart rate variability.
This workshop, which will be 50% lecture and 50% experiential, is at an introductory level. No prior experience with clinical interventions based on heart rate variability is required.
“We have come to appreciate the heart as a new window through which emotional stability and maturity
can be quickly facilitated in a wide range of client and patient populations.”
Rollin McCraty, Ph.D. , Director of Research, HeartMath Institute
This program is designed to help you:
- Describe the activation of the stress response.
- Describe the role of the heart-brain connection in influencing emotional experience and building resiliency.
- Define heart-rate variability and physiological coherence, and identify 2 differences between relaxation and physiological coherence.
- Compare effective application of heart-rate variability biofeedback for anxiety, trauma and depression.
- Demonstrate effective application of heart-rate variability biofeedback technology (HeartMath® Inner Balance™ for smartphone and/or emWave® Pro for Desktop) in attaining physiological coherence.
- Demonstrate effective application of 3 HeartMath® techniques for emotional self-regulation recommended to reduce stress, anxiety and the impact of trauma.
Please Join Us!
* Best Practices - Palm Beach is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Best Practices - Palm Beach maintains responsibility for this programs and its content.
* Best Practices - Palm Beach is approved as a sponsor of continuing education by the Florida Board of Psychology, and Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling.
HeartMath is a registered trademark of Quantum Intech, Inc. For all HeartMath trademarks go to www.heartmath.com