HeartMath® Workshop - Live Online
I created Best Practices – Palm Beach to provide a warm, welcoming, interactive learning environment with opportunity for follow-up consultation.
Please Join Us for this Exciting Workshop! Learn how to engage the wisdom of the heart for self-care and to facilitate therapeutic goals with those we serve.
We are delighted to announce our new workshop dates--Live on Zoom... Please join us!
We hope you are staying well and look forward to being together on Zoom.
Elizabeth S. Shulman, Ph.D., Founder
STRESS, RESILIENCE and HEART-BRAIN INTERACTION:
- An experiential workshop including HeartMath®
biofeedback technology and protocols -
Space is limited to allow for meaningful experiential learning. Register now!
WHEN: 2022 DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
WHERE: Online through Zoom
FOR WHOM: Psychologists, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Counselors
Other health care professionals
CE CREDITS : *11 CE credits- please see below
We are offering a sliding scale from $150 to $250 for this workshop. We are using an Honor System: Pay what fits your budget by clicking the "PAY TUITION" button on the registration page. Please note that registration is limited to allow for meaningful experiential learning, and there are only a limited number of reduced fee spaces.
Best Practices - Palm Beach is dedicated to serving you, as you serve others, during these challenging times.
During this introductory-level experiential workshop, we will present user-friendly, deceivingly simple techniques and biofeedback devices to assist in learning to self-regulate emotional and mental states through regulating heart rate variability (HRV)--a measure of naturally occurring beat-to-beat changes in heart rate.
This workshop, which will be 60% lecture and 40% experiential, is at an introductory level. No prior experience with clinical interventions based on heart rate variability is required.
We will discuss heart-brain interaction, resilience and emotional self-regulation, with a focus on heart rate variability (HRV) and psychophysiological coherence. We will compare heart rate variability of individuals experiencing positive emotions with those experiencing anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress.
We will use HeartMath techniques for emotional self-regulation to facilitate psychophysiological coherence and improve emotional resilience.
We will focus on the impact of the coherent state on interpersonal communication, particularly in a health care setting. We will delve more deeply into the physiology of heart rate variability and review empirical support for clinical intervention focused on HRV, and for the application of biofeedback technology to facilitate psychophysiological coherence.
We will have an introduction to client goal setting and psychophysiological assessment.
We will use 2 HeartMath techniques to facilitate coherence. We will have an orientation to relevant biofeedback technology and experience a brief practice session with the technology.
We will discuss Brief Intervention and Multi-session protocols, and working with HRV with special populations. We will focus on similarities and differences in treatment protocols for people experiencing anxiety, depression and post traumatic stress.
We will practice using techniques and biofeedback instruments including in breakout rooms.
“We have come to appreciate the heart as a new window through which emotional stability and maturity
can be quickly facilitated in a wide range of client and patient populations.”
Rollin McCraty, Ph.D. , Director of Research, HeartMath Institute
This program is designed to help you:
- Define “stress,” “resilience” and “emotional self-regulation.”
- Define heart rate variability and physiological coherence and identify 2 differences between relaxation and physiological coherence.
- Use 2 HeartMath techniques for emotional self-regulation to facilitate physiological coherence and improve emotional resilience.
- Use the “Depletion to Renewal” plan to clarify goal setting for emotional self-regulation.
- List 6 benefits of coherent communication with clients and colleagues in health care settings
- Use 1 HeartMath technique for emotional self-regulation recommended to facilitate physiological coherence for improved emotional resiliency.
- Use heart rate variability biofeedback technology (HeartMath® Inner Balance™ for smartphone and/or emWave® Pro for Desktop) in attaining physiological coherence.
- Compare effective application of heart-rate variability biofeedback for anxiety, trauma and depression
- Use heart rate variability biofeedback technology (HeartMath®Inner Balance™ for smartphone and/or em/wave®Pro) with the goal of attaining physiological coherence.
* Best Practices - Palm Beach is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Best Practices - Palm Beach maintains responsibility for this programs and its content.
* Best Practices - Palm Beach is approved as a sponsor of continuing education by the Florida Board of Psychology, and Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling.
HeartMath is a registered trademark of Quantum Intech, Inc. For all HeartMath trademarks go to www.heartmath.com