Guided Imagery Online Live Workshop
I created Best Practices – Palm Beach to provide a warm, welcoming, interactive learning environment with opportunity for follow-up consultation.
We hope you are staying well and are delighted now to offer this workshop live online.
Please Join Us for this Exciting Workshop!
Elizabeth S. Shulman, Ph.D., Founder
An interactive mode of guided imagery, as distinct from scripted guided imagery, is both a diagnostic tool and a gently powerful intervention.
Learn to invite the healing and wisdom of the images within each of us!
CLINICAL APPLICATIONS OF DEEP IMAGINATION through GUIDED IMAGERY:
Powerful tools for self-care among health professionals
and for treating anxiety, and preparing to treat trauma and depression in those we serve.
- An experiential workshop with Leslie Davenport , M.S., LMFT-
Space is limited to allow for meaningful experiential learning.
WHEN: Two Sessions: Friday, September 11 and Sunday, September 13, 12:30 pm - 4:15 pm [ET]
WHERE: Online through Zoom
FOR WHOM: Psychologists, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Counselors
Other health care professionals
CE'S : *7 CE credits- must complete both sessions - please see below
TUITION: We are offering a sliding scale from $50 to $125 for this workshop. We are using an Honor System: Pay what fits your budget by clicking the "PAY TUITION" button on the registration page. Please note that registration is limited to allow for meaningful experiential learning, and there are only a limited number of reduced fee spaces. Register Now!
Best Practices - Palm Beach is dedicated to serving you, as you serve others, during these challenging times.
“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
Guided imagery taps into both the wounds and the inner resiliency that often lie below the conscious level of awareness. This introductory experiential workshop is for practicing professionals who want to develop fluency in working with symbolic inner life as an effective way to facilitate self-care and also reach therapeutic goals with those we serve.
An interactive mode of imagery facilitation will be taught and practiced, with a focus on its application for anxiety. In addition, the foundation will be laid for further training in using guided imagery for treating trauma and depression.
Alignment and usefulness of an interactive mode of guided imagery within integrative medicine, and with analytic, transpersonal, humanistic and cognitive therapies will be discussed.
The empirical basis for the clinical application of guided imagery for anxiety will be presented, including contraindications and caveats, along with a summary of empirical support for application of guided imagery in treating trauma and depression.
This workshop, which will be 50% lecture and 50% experiential, is at an introductory level. No prior experience with guided imagery is required.
This program is designed to help you:
- Define “guided imagery," including the distinction between scripted and an interactive mode of guided imagery, and compare it to hypnosis, relaxation, meditation and fantasy.
- Describe the alignment of an interactive mode of guided imagery with analytic transpersonal, humanistic and cognitive therapies.
- Identify 3 uses of guided imagery in clinical practice.
- Describe 2 clinical applications for working with the symbols that arise in clients and the infrastructure for working with the images to optimize therapeutic goals.
- List 7 contraindications and caveats for using guided imagery in clinical practice.
- Use techniques studied to facilitate an effective, safe, interactive mode of guided imagery.
* Best Practices - Palm Beach is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Best Practices - Palm Beach maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
* Best Practices - Palm Beach is approved as a sponsor of continuing education by the Florida Board of Psychology, and Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling.